[Updated as of October 9, 2020]
Lawful Basis for Collection and Processing of Information:
We take your privacy seriously and will only use personal data to provide the products and services you have requested from us. We only collect and process personal information where we have a lawful basis for doing so, such as the following:
User consent – This is where you have given us explicit permission to obtain and process personal information for a given purpose.
Legitimate business purposes – This is where we have a legitimate interest, as a business, to process personal information, such where the user is a client of Royal Media or for the purpose of fraud prevention or ensuring network security. We take due care to balance our interests against your right to privacy.
Contractual necessity – This is where we have to process personal information to meet our contractual obligations. For example, if you are a print subscriber, we would need to process your delivery address to fulfill your subscription.
Legal obligation – This is where we have to process personal information in order to comply with applicable law.
Withdrawal of Consent to Use or Processing of Information:
To the extent that the legal basis for Royal Media’s use or processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us, as provided below. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of information processing before the withdrawal. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email, updating your email preferences within your account settings menu, or by contacting us as provided below to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or registration database.
Cookies are small text files containing user IDs that are automatically placed on your computer or other device by when you visit a website. The cookies are stored by the internet browser. The browser sends the cookies back to the website on each subsequent visit, allowing the website to recognize your computer or device. This recognition enables the website provider to observe your activity on the website, deliver a personalized, responsive service and improve the website.
When you browse royalmedia.com and have not registered for any online service from Royal Media, personally identifiable information—such as your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address—is not collected.
However, we track how our site is used by both visitors and our registered customers. One way we track is by using cookies. Cookies collect information that includes the server your computer is logged onto, your browser type, and whether you responded to a Royal Media banner ad from outside our site or through an e-mail link. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive, pass on computer viruses, or capture your e-mail address or any other personally identifiable information.
Using cookies enables us to recognize your computer if you or someone else using your computer returns to our site, and to keep track of the pages on our site that you or another user of your computer visit, and whether or not you or another user of your computer respond to certain banner ads or special offers. We use this information to help us present more relevant offers and information.
You can adjust your computer browser settings so that you are informed when a cookie is being placed on your browser. You can also set your browser to decline or accept all cookies. However, if you choose to register for an online service on royalmedia.com, you must accept cookies in order to access Royal Media site pages that enable you to view your confidential account information. These cookies are essential for site administration and security.
Categories of Cookies
Cookies can be “Session Cookies” or “Persistent Cookies”. Session Cookies allow a website to link a series of your actions during one browser session. Session Cookies expire after a browser session and are therefore not stored on your computer or device afterward. Persistent Cookies are stored on your computer or device between browser sessions and can be used when you make subsequent visits to the website – for example, to remember your website preferences, such as font size.
Cookies We Use and their Purpose
To support our services, we or our service providers may use one or more of the following cookies for the purposes set forth below:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our website and to enable you to use some of its features. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use our services. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you visit our website.
- Behavioral Monitoring Cookies: These cookies are used for customer profiling for which Royal Media uses an online engagement software called the BlueConic Services Platform. The BlueConic Services Platform progressively builds an individual customer profile across several channels, from first touch of an anonymous visitor building up to a known customer in a customer management system Then, the BlueConic Services Platform serves to you the most relevant content on the Royal Media website or initializes online interactions. For more information about the BlueConic Services Platform, please visit https://www.blueconic.com/.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies:These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our website and how users use our website and services. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor. The information is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It includes the number of visitors to our website, the websites that referred them to our website, the pages that they visited on our Website, what time of day they visited our website, whether they have visited our website before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our website more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our website. We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. It is only used to improve how our website works. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies. You can find out more about how Google protects your data here: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
- Advertising Cookies: We use Google cookies to help customize ads on Google properties, like Google Search. For example, we use such cookies to remember your visits and interactions on our website. This helps us to show you customized ads on Google.
To opt out of our Google Analytics Cookies, click here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- Other Tracking Technologies: We and our marketing partners, affiliates, video or analytics or customer support service providers also use beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer the website, tracking users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis.
You can manage cookies through the settings of your internet browser. You can choose to block or restrict cookies from being placed on your computer or device. You can also review periodically review the cookies that have been placed there and disable some or all of them. To opt out of our Google Analytics Cookies, click here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Please be aware that if you choose not to accept certain cookies, it may mean we are unable to provide you with some services or features of our website.
Further Information Regarding Cookies: You can find more information about cookies and how they work, what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ON OUR WEBSITE
Whether or not you are a registered user on our website, if you purchase or apply for Royal Media products or services on royalmedia.com, we may request that you provide your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other personal information in order to provide the product or service to you or to process your application for the product or service. And, if you receive an e-mail offer from Royal Media, we may record whether you “click through” to view or respond to the offer.
How We Use Personal Information
We use information collected on our site to process transactions you conduct on our website, and to process requests and deliver the products and services you enroll in or apply for. To do this, it may be necessary to share this information with carefully selected vendors and business partners we work with. We also may use it, together with information we have about you as a Royal Media customer, publicly available information, and preferences you indicate, to customize your online experience and to provide you with more relevant offers and updates.
How We Use Your E-mail Address
Should you provide it to us, we may use your e-mail address to send you the following types of e-mail messages:
- Occasional updates about our products and services, as well as Royal Media marketing offers.
- Regularly scheduled e-mail newsletters related to the Royal Media products or services you are enrolled in.
- Valuable offers from our business partners that we send you on their behalf.
- Service notifications related to your account(s).
- Optional Royal Media e-mail newsletters. We occasionally invite customers to sign up for these newsletters via e-mail or other communications, and we also post sign up forms on the Royal Media site.
- When we send e-mail to you, we may be able to identify information about your e-mail address, such as whether you can view graphic-rich HTML e-mail. If your e-mail address is HTML-enabled, we may choose to send you graphic-rich HTML e-mail messages.
Ads That Link to Our Website
Royal Media hires other companies to place our banner ads on other websites and to perform tracking and reporting activities (“third-party advertisement servers”). They do not collect personally identifiable information in doing this work for us, and we do not give any personally identifiable information to them.
Third-party advertisement servers are subject to their own privacy policies. If you would like more information about the privacy policies of these third-party advertisement servers, including information on how to opt out of their tracking methods, we refer you to the privacy policies of their websites.
Royal Media Events
Compliance with Enforcement Requests and Applicable Laws; Enforcement of Our Rights: In exceptional circumstances, we may share information about you with a third-party if we believe that sharing is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable laws, legal process or governmental request, (b) enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) protect the security or integrity of our products and services, (d) protect Royal Media, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
Verification, Updating, Correction or Deletion of Information
You may check your information to verify, update or correct it, and to have any of your information deleted. If you created an account on our website, you can access and change your online profile. You can also ask to review any information we have retained, how we have used it, and to whom we have disclosed it by contacting us below under the heading “Contacting Royal Media”. Subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law, and provided we can authenticate your identity, you will be given reasonable access to your personal information and will be entitled to challenge the accuracy and completeness of the information and have it amended as appropriate. You may also ask us to change your preferences regarding how we use or disclose your information or let us know that you do not wish to receive any further communication from us.
Upon request, we will provide you with your personal information in a machine-readable format.
We may refuse to comply with a request if the request is manifestly unfounded or excessive or repetitive in nature. We may be entitled to refuse requests, wholly or partly, where exceptions under applicable law apply. We may refuse a request for erasure of personal information, for example, where the processing is necessary to comply with a legal obligation or necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims or for record-keeping purposes.
Retention of Information:
Compliance with Law:
We will only process your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). For the purposes of EU data protection legislation, the data controller is Royal News Corp., 8 West 38th Street, Suite 901, New York, NY 10018-6229, telephone (212) 564-8972, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We do not collect or process the following categories of data unless required by law:
- Race or ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Trade union memberships
- Genetic or biometric data
- Health or mortality data
- Sex life or sexual orientation
California Privacy Rights Requirements. We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes, as defined by California Civil Code Section 1798.83, unless we give you choice (opt-in or opt-out) before sharing with those third parties. If you are a California resident and you have questions about our practices with respect to sharing information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes and your ability to exercise choice, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com. You must put the statement “My California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. Please note that we will not accept inquiries via the telephone or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information. If you are a California resident, our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information is also subject to a California Consumer Privacy Act Notice available here.
California Privacy Rights Requirements. If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes and to opt-out of the disclosure of personal information to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. You may contact us for such information or to opt out of the sharing of your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by contacting us as described below in “Contacting Royal Media”. You must put the statement “My California Privacy Rights” in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. Please note that we will not accept inquiries via the telephone or by facsimile, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information.
Do Not Track: Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our website does not currently respond to DNT signals. You can use the range of other tools we provide to control data collection and use, as described above. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
COPYRIGHTS, TRADEMARKS AND OTHER INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY.
All material contained on our website and the compilation of it, are our property and are protected by United States and international copyright laws. All trademarks, service marks and trade names also are proprietary to us. No material from our websites may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed in any way without the consent of Royal Media. Except as may be permitted by law, you must obtain our written permission before using any copyrighted material on our website. You do not acquire any ownership rights by downloading material from our website. Royal Media retains all rights and privileges to the content and marks on royalmedia.com. 2018 © Royal Media
MODIFICATIONS OF TERMS.
CONTACTING ROYAL MEDIA/QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS.
Royal Media Group
8 West 38th Street, Suite 901
New York, NY 10018-6229
Phone: 212 564 8972