Updated as of August 30, 2023
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ON OUR WEBSITES
Whether or not you are a registered user on our Websites, if you purchase or apply for Royal Media products or services on royalmedia.com or our other websites, we may request that you provide your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and other personal information in order to provide the product or service to you or to process your application for the product or service. And, if you receive an e-mail offer from Royal Media, we may record whether you “click through” to view or respond to the offer.
The following table describes various categories of personal information and whether we have collected such information from consumers within the last 12 months:
|A. Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES|
|B. Personal information categories||A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver’s license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.||YES|
|C. Protected classification characteristics||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information.||NO|
|D. Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||YES|
|E. Biometric information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||NO|
|F. Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.||YES|
|G. Geolocation data||Information derived from a device or technology that directly identifies the specific location of an individual within a defined radius of less than 1,850 feet.||NO|
|H. Sensory data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO|
|I. Professional or employment information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations.||YES|
|J. Non-public education information||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf.||NO|
|K. Inferences drawn from other personal information||Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO|
We do not collect or process the following categories of data through our Websites, and generally do not collect them unless required by law:
- Race or ethnic origin
- Political opinions
- Religious or philosophical beliefs
- Trade union memberships
- Genetic or biometric data
- Health or mortality data
- Sex life or sexual orientation
- Precise geolocation data
How We Obtain Personal Information
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- From your activity on our Websites (www.royalmedia.com and our other owned websites): We collect personal information directly and indirectly when you browse our Websites. For example, from submissions through our website portal or website usage details collected automatically.
- From our clients or their agents: We collect personal information directly from our clients or their agents. For example, from documents that our clients provide to us related to the services for which they engage us. We also collect personal information indirectly from our clients or their agents in the course of providing services to them.
- From third-parties: We receive personal information from third-parties that interact with us in connection with the services we perform.
- Directly from individuals who provide it with consent: For example, from conference registrations, subscriptions or other sign-up forms, provided voluntarily and with specific consent.
How We Use Personal Information
We use information collected on our site to process transactions you conduct on our Websites, and to process requests and deliver the products and services you enroll in or apply for. To do this, it may be necessary to share this information with carefully selected vendors and business partners we work with. We also may use it, together with information we have about you as a Royal Media customer, publicly available information, and preferences you indicate, to customize your online experience and to provide you with more relevant offers and updates.
We may use or disclose the personal information we collect for one or more of the following business purposes:
- To fulfill or meet the reason for which the information is provided.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To provide you with email alerts, event registrations and other notices concerning our products or services, or events or news, that may be of interest to you.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collections.
- To improve our Websites and present its contents to you.
- For testing, research, analysis and product development.
- As necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property or safety of us, our clients or others.
- To respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
- To evaluate or conduct a business combination, such as a merger or sale.
We will not collect additional categories of personal information or use the personal information we collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
How We Use Your E-mail Address
Should you provide it to us, we may use your e-mail address to send you the following types of e-mail messages:
- Occasional updates about our products and services, as well as Royal Media marketing offers.
- Regularly scheduled e-mail newsletters related to the Royal Media products or services you are enrolled in.
- Valuable offers from our business partners that we send you on their behalf.
- Service notifications related to your account(s).
- Optional Royal Media e-mail newsletters. We occasionally invite customers to sign up for these newsletters via e-mail or other communications, and we also post sign up forms on the Royal Media site.
- When we send e-mail to you, we may be able to identify information about your e-mail address, such as whether you can view graphic-rich HTML e-mail. If your e-mail address is HTML-enabled, we may choose to send you graphic-rich HTML e-mail messages.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share your personal information with a third party for a business purpose. When we disclose personal information for a business purpose, we enter a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient maintain the confidentiality of personal information and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for a business purpose:
Category A: Identifiers.
Category D: Commercial Information
We disclose your personal information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- Our affiliates, including sponsors and exhibitors and other conference attendees.
- Service providers, for example vendors who perform certain functions on our behalf.
- Third parties to whom you or your agents authorize us to disclose your personal information in connection with products or services we provide to you.
Sale of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information. In the preceding twelve (12) months, we have not sold any personal information.
Lawful Basis for Collection and Processing of Information:
We take your privacy seriously and will only use personal data to provide the products and services you have requested from us. We only collect and process personal information where we have a lawful basis for doing so, such as the following:
User consent – This is where you have given us explicit permission to obtain and process personal information for a given purpose.
Legitimate business purposes – This is where we have a legitimate interest, as a business, to process personal information, such where the user is a client of Royal Media or for the purpose of fraud prevention or ensuring network security. We take due care to balance our interests against your right to privacy.
Contractual necessity – This is where we have to process personal information to meet our contractual obligations. For example, if you are a print subscriber, we would need to process your delivery address to fulfill your subscription.
Legal obligation – This is where we have to process personal information in order to comply with applicable law.
Withdrawal of Consent to Use or Processing of Information:
To the extent that the legal basis for Royal Media’s use or processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us, as provided below. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of information processing before the withdrawal. You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by using the unsubscribe link within each email, updating your email preferences within your account settings menu, or by contacting us as provided below to have your contact information removed from our promotional email list or registration database.
Your Individual Rights and Choices
You may access, verify, update or correct your personal information, or have any of your personal information deleted as more fully described below. If you created an account on our Websites, you can access and change your online profile. You may also ask us to change your preferences regarding how we use or disclose your information or let us know that you do not wish to receive any further communication from us.
Access to Specific Information and Data Portability Rights. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection and use of your personal information over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will disclose to you:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you.
- If we sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, two separate lists disclosing: (a) sales, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient purchased; and (b) disclosures for a business purpose, identifying the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
- If requested, we will provide you with a copy of your personal information in a machine-readable format.
In accordance with applicable privacy laws, you may request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third party’s direct marketing purposes and to opt-out of the disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. You may contact us for such information or to opt out of the sharing of your personal information with third parties for marketing purposes at any time by contacting us as described below in “How to Exercise Your Rights Described Above”.
Correction Request Rights. You have the right to request that we correct any inaccurate personal information that we collected and retained about you, subject to certain exceptions. You can correct certain information yourself by logging in and updating your online profile. With respect to personal information unavailable for editing within your online profile, once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will update (and direct our service providers to update) your personal information within our records, unless an exception applies. We may deny your correction request if we cannot verify your identity, or if we determine, under the totality of the circumstances that the contested personal information in our possession is more likely than not to be accurate.
Deletion Request Rights. You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service providers to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
How to Exercise Your Rights Described Above
- Calling us at (212) 564-8972
- Emailing us at [email protected]
Only you or a person that you authorize to act on your behalf, as evidenced by registration with the Secretary of State in which you reside, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format.
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do generally do not charge a fee to respond to your verifiable consumer request. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
Cookies are small text files containing user IDs that are automatically placed on your computer or other device by when you visit a website. The cookies are stored by the internet browser. The browser sends the cookies back to the website on each subsequent visit, allowing the website to recognize your computer or device. This recognition enables the website provider to observe your activity on the website, deliver a personalized, responsive service and improve the website.
When you browse royalmedia.com and have not registered for any online service from Royal Media, personally identifiable information—such as your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address—is not collected.
However, we track how our site is used by both visitors and our registered customers. One way we track is by using cookies. Cookies collect information that includes the server your computer is logged onto, your browser type, and whether you responded to a Royal Media banner ad from outside our site or through an e-mail link. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive, pass on computer viruses, or capture your e-mail address or any other personally identifiable information.
Using cookies enables us to recognize your computer if you or someone else using your computer returns to our site, and to keep track of the pages on our site that you or another user of your computer visit, and whether or not you or another user of your computer respond to certain banner ads or special offers. We use this information to help us present more relevant offers and information.
You can adjust your computer browser settings so that you are informed when a cookie is being placed on your browser. You can also set your browser to decline or accept all cookies. However, if you choose to register for an online service on royalmedia.com, you must accept cookies in order to access Royal Media site pages that enable you to view your confidential account information. These cookies are essential for site administration and security.
Categories of Cookies
Cookies can be “Session Cookies” or “Persistent Cookies”. Session Cookies allow a website to link a series of your actions during one browser session. Session Cookies expire after a browser session and are therefore not stored on your computer or device afterward. Persistent Cookies are stored on your computer or device between browser sessions and can be used when you make subsequent visits to the website – for example, to remember your website preferences, such as font size.
Cookies We Use and their Purpose
To support our services, we or our service providers may use one or more of the following cookies for the purposes set forth below:
- Essential Cookies: These cookies are essential to provide you with services available through our Websites and to enable you to use some of its features. Without these cookies, the services that you have asked for cannot be provided, and we only use these cookies to provide you with those services.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow us to remember choices you make when you use our services. The purpose of these cookies is to provide you with a more personal experience and to avoid you having to re-enter your preferences every time you visit our Websites.
- Behavioral Monitoring Cookies: These cookies are used for customer profiling for which Royal Media uses an online engagement software that progressively builds an individual customer profile across several channels, from first touch of an anonymous visitor building up to a known customer in a customer management system, in order to provide you the most relevant content on the Royal Media Websites or initialize online interactions.
- Analytics and Performance Cookies: These cookies are used to collect information about traffic to our Websites and how users use our Websites and services. The information gathered does not identify any individual visitor. The information is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It includes the number of visitors to our Websites, the websites that referred them to our Websites, the pages that they visited on our Websites, what time of day they visited our Websites, whether they have visited our Websites before, and other similar information. We use this information to help operate our Websites more efficiently, to gather broad demographic information and to monitor the level of activity on our Websites. We use Google Analytics for this purpose. Google Analytics uses its own cookies. It is only used to improve how our Websites work. You can find out more information about Google Analytics cookies here: https://developers.google.com/analytics/resources/concepts/gaConceptsCookies. You can find out more about how Google protects your data here: http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html.
- Advertising Cookies: We use Google cookies to help customize ads on Google properties, like Google Search. For example, we use such cookies to remember your visits and interactions on our Websites. This helps us to show you customized ads on Google.
To opt out of our Google Analytics Cookies, click here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/
- Other Tracking Technologies: We and our marketing partners, affiliates, video or analytics or customer support service providers also use beacons, tags, and scripts, to analyze trends, administer the Websites, tracking users’ movements around the Websites, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual and aggregated basis.
You can manage cookies through the settings of your internet browser. You can choose to block or restrict cookies from being placed on your computer or device. You can also review periodically review the cookies that have been placed there and disable some or all of them. To opt out of our Google Analytics Cookies, click here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/.
Please be aware that if you choose not to accept certain cookies, it may mean we are unable to provide you with some services or features of our Websites.
Further Information Regarding Cookies
You can find more information about cookies and how they work, what cookies have been set on your computer or mobile device and how to manage and delete them at http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
Do Not Track: Some browsers have incorporated “Do Not Track” (DNT) features that can send a signal to the websites you visit indicating that you do not wish to be tracked. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, our Websites does not currently respond to DNT signals. You can use the range of other tools we provide to control data collection and use, as described above. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Retention of Information:
Ads That Link to Our Websites
Royal Media hires other companies to place our banner ads on other websites and to perform tracking and reporting activities (“third-party advertisement servers”). They do not collect personally identifiable information in doing this work for us, and we do not give any personally identifiable information to them.
Third-party advertisement servers are subject to their own privacy policies. If you would like more information about the privacy policies of these third-party advertisement servers, including information on how to opt out of their tracking methods, we refer you to the privacy policies of their websites.
Royal Media Events
Compliance with Enforcement Requests and Applicable Laws; Enforcement of Our Rights: In exceptional circumstances, we may share information about you with a third-party if we believe that sharing is reasonably necessary to (a) comply with any applicable laws, legal process or governmental request, (b) enforce our agreements, policies and terms of service, (c) protect the security or integrity of our products and services, (d) protect Royal Media, our customers or the public from harm or illegal activities, or (e) respond to an emergency which we believe in good faith requires us to disclose information to assist in preventing the death or serious bodily injury of any person.
Compliance with Law:
We will only process your personal information in accordance with applicable data protection and privacy laws, including the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), to the extent applicable to us. For the purposes of EU data protection legislation, the data controller is Royal News Corp., 8 West 38th Street, Suite 901, New York, NY 10018-6229, telephone (212) 564-8972, email [email protected].
MODIFICATIONS OF TERMS.
CONTACTING ROYAL MEDIA/QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS.
Royal Media Group
10 E 53rd Street, Suite 13A
New York, NY 10022
Phone: 212 564 8972
Contact Us Here
ADDITIONAL LOCATION-SPECIFIC NOTICES
[Reserved for future use]